Thanks Featured fan, Sarah Miller!
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups chopped onion
6 minced garlic cloves
3 ( 4 oz) hot italian sausage, casings removed. Or 1 pound ground beer or Add Both.
1/4 cup tomato paste with no added salt.
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes with no salt added, undrained.
1 cup tomato sauce with no added salt.
t tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
16 ounces pasta.
1/2 cup torn fresh basil.
3 ounces shaved Parmesean Cheese.
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add onion
and saute 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and saute 1 minute, stirring
constantly. Place vegetables in your slow cooker.
2. Add sausage to skillet and saute for 6 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove
with a slotted spoon. Drain, and add to slow cooker.
3. Stir in tomato paste, sugar, salt, crushed red pepper, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
4. Cover and Cook on low for 8 hours and stir in oregano.
1. Cook Pasta according to directions on box.
2. Serve sauce on top of pasta and top with the basic and cheese.